You probably heard how Unity addressables can help you optimize your Unity game: RAM usage, loading times, iteration times, content update with cloud storage...
But you might be confused about where to start learning Unity addressables.
That I understand.
There's so much content out there on Unity addressables that it can feel overwhelming at start.
To help you there, I compiled a list of resources to help you learn Unity addressables in 2020+.
Would you like to add a link? Send me an e-mail to [email protected]
Here we go.
Introduction to Unity Addressables
If you are new to Unity Addressables, this section is for you.
Here, you'll learn what the addressable assets package will do for your game before your users ditch your game due to huge loading times and memory crashes.
- Unity Addressables: 3 Benefits to Save Your Game (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity Addressables Tutorial: Learn the Basics (The Gamedev Guru)
- Addressable Asset System (Unity)
- Unity Addressable Asset System (Unity)
Addressables — Asset Type Specifics
If you're having problems with specific asset types or you want to focus your efforts, this section is a good follow up.
- Unity Addressables Migration: Music to My Ears (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity Addressables Videos: Delivering Over Network (The Gamedev Guru)
Prefabs and Instances
- Scaling Your Game Content With Unity Addressable Prefabs (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity Addressables Pooling: Jump In! (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity: How to Save Memory on Disabled GameObjects (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity Addressables: TextAsset Loading (The Gamedev Guru)
- Unity Addressables: Compression Benchmark (The Gamedev Guru)
Addressables — VR & AR Development
When I started with Addressables, I never thought I'd need to go as deep as to make VR and AR-specific content.
But I'm glad Satchell78 proved me wrong here 🙂
Addressables — Cloud Content Update
One of the biggest benefits of Unity Addressables is that it enables you to improve your content iteration times dramatically.
Instead of making new full builds to update the assets of your game, you can just upload new asset bundles that your player will fetch. This makes the whole update process a breeze, and it is particularly helpful for engineering and selling your DLCs.
Microsoft Azure and PlayFab
- Unity Addressables: PlayFab Integration (The Gamedev Guru)
Amazon AWS: S3
- Unity Addressables Hosting: Amazon S3 in 4 Steps (The Gamedev Guru)
- Set up an AWS Bucket to host Addressable Assets (BadgerDox)
- Unity Addressables CDN: Unleash Your Content Distribution With BunnyCDN (The Gamedev Guru)
- Android & Addressables (Satchell78)
Addressables — Extras
Full courses that cover Unity Addressables for efficient game development:
- Addressables for the Busy Developer (The Gamedev Guru)
The fastest path to gamedev success.
- The Fabulous Adventures of Bobby, Lupino and Bailey (The Gamedev Guru)
Have you come across other resources?
If so, let me know.